Home Follow Email Facebook
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 // 0 comments (+)
I've been listening to a lot of Metric lately. They're a great electronic indie band and have a lot of good listens. One of the songs that I've been crazily addicted to is "Collect Call" from their album "Fantasies". It has a very haunting atmosphere and beautiful lyrics. The metaphor of a collect call is amazing and the lyrics have a lot of meaning and can be interpreted in different ways.

I wanted to make the graphic feature a ballet dancer who is in need of rest and yearning for help, since the lyrics feature a poor relationship and its struggles. I wanted to keep the background gray and muted; meanwhile, spotlight areas with bright reds which represents the problems in the relationship. I am satisfied with the outcome of it. This song is very moving.


Thanks for reading! :)
Jamming Out To: Anberlin - Naive Orleans


Labels: ,

save-theunicorns.blogspot.com by Chia
◀ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶


About
Oh hello. I am Chia and I am 18. Welcome to my humble abode of inspiration and creativity. Unicorns and any form of art and expression are my favorite things. I am a beauty/fashion/arts enthusiast and I feel too much. This is my diary.
tagboard
Categories
Credits
Layout created by mymostloved with background from sheiskits and inspiration from sagacity.